In addition to classes and worship, our Children’s ministry presents special activities geared to the seasons of the Episcopal Church year, including:
- St. Nicholas Brunch
- Epiphany Pageant
- Shrove Pancake Supper and Lent preparation
- A Journey Through Holy Week
- Maundy Thursday Soup Supper
- Pentecost Jazz Service and Party
- Summer Vacation Bible School
- Summer Art Camp
- Parish Picnic with face painting, games, crafts a bounce house and more
- Blessing of the Animals
- Service projects for our church, community and the world.
Our volunteer teachers and classroom helpers are parents, grandparents and adult church members, occasionally assisted by middle and high school youth.
Teachers teach once a month on Sundays or Wednesdays. Scheduling is done at the beginning of the school year.
We know that volunteers’ time is valuable and so we allow for flexibility in teaching schedules.
Since new church school volunteers work with more experienced teachers as part of a team, previous teaching experience is not expected.
All teachers/helpers attend a SAFE class required by the Episcopal Church which teaches techniques for providing a church environment that discourages predators, for recognizing signs of abuse, and for taking action to protect our children. All teachers must also pass a background check.
Our coordinators and clergy provide support and encouragement to our teaching staff, and the church provides curricula, resources and supplies.